If you are a tenant or thinking about renting, securing the right property is essential.
At Keller Williams our agents pride themselves on delivering the best possible service of any estate agent or letting agent. Our agents are trusted because they have integrity.
Factors to consider to rent
The rental market can be very competitive, and to get property there are some important factors to consider. Ask yourself these questions:
- What’s your budget? Remember to consider the cost of bills and other outgoings.
- Can you afford the location and type of property you want? Our lettings agent can offer prospective tenants advice on what is realistic and where you can compromise.
- Are you looking for a property that’s furnished or unfurnished?
- What type of tenancy are you looking for? Typically properties are let under assured shorthold tenancies on a twelve month term, but there are lots of options. Some landlords will offer shorter or longer lets, and some will be happy to include break clauses or notice periods. Our letting agents can advise on the options and how to discuss this with your prospective landlord.
- Are you ready to sign? Before you start viewing properties, ensure you are in a good position to move. Think about how you will source references and how you will confirm your employment.
- Are you ready to transfer your deposit? You’ll need to do this before you can confirm your new home. The deposit is usually one or two months’ rent. Remember you will also have to budget for any fees and moving costs as well as your deposit.
For advice on renting and the options available in your area, contact your local Keller Williams agent. You can also view current Keller Williams properties available via our properties page.