Calderwood Street, Greenwich, London SE18
Ref No: KE003-LI-RE596
Bright and light two bedroom property to rent in The Vista Building. The property boasts a spacious open plan living and kitchen area, two bedrooms with wardrobe, and bathroom. The building is located in the town centre. The property is short walk from Woolwich Arsenal BR (approximately 20 mins to London with Bridge) the DLR and the shops and amenities of Woolwich town centre. Benefits include the option of parking by separate negotiation and a 24 HOUR CONCIERGE. Available 18th August. Parking by separate Negotiation
Greenwich is a district of South East London, England, located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich and situated 5.5 miles (8.9 km) east south-east of Charing Cross. Greenwich is notable for its maritime history and for giving its name to the Greenwich Meridian (0 longitude) and Greenwich Mean Time. The town became the site of a royal palace, the Palace of Placentia from the 15th century, and was the birthplace of many in the House of Tudor, including Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. The palace fell into disrepair during the English Civil War and was rebuilt as the Royal Naval Hospital for Sailors by Sir Christopher Wren and his assistant Nicholas Hawksmoor. These buildings became the Royal Naval College in 1873, and they remained an establishment for military education until 1998 when they passed into the hands of the Greenwich Foundation. The historic rooms within these buildings remain open to the public; other buildings are used by University of Greenwich and Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
The town became a popular resort in the 18th century and many grand houses were built there, such as Vanbrugh Castle (1717) established on Maze Hill, next to the park. From the Georgian period estates of houses were constructed above the town centre. The maritime connections of Greenwich were celebrated in the 20th century, with the siting of the Cutty Sark and Gipsy Moth IV next to the river front, and the National Maritime Museum in the former buildings of the Royal Hospital School in 1934. Greenwich formed part of Kent until 1889 when the County of London was created.